Israel Belongs to All of Us
by Ivan Goncharenko |Feb 25, 2014|Hillel International News & Views Blog
One year ago, I decided to leave my small and pretty Jerusalem to be an Israel Fellow of the Jewish Agency in the United States on a college campus. After a Skype conversation with Sue Kurtz, the Director of Hillel at Virginia Tech, I decided that this is where I wanted to serve. Sue’s passion and excitement about the Jewish life on campus was infectious. When I came to Virginia Tech, I realized that there are not many students who know much about Israel, in the same way that I did not know much about the Jewish community in Blacksburg, Virginia. …See more
Please look at our 2014-2015 opportunities below!!!
Join hundreds of students across the country as they transform Jewish life for their peers.
- Build relationships with uninvolved Jewish students on campus while being a resource to advance Jewish values
- Strive to advance Jewish values in the context of their relationships
- Understand students’ interests, passions, and aspirations
- Plan initiatives for uninvolved students to advance Jewish values
- Peer Network Entrepreneurs provide on-going relationship-building follow-up to immersed experiences such as Taglit-Birthright Israel trips and Alternative Breaks
- A national cohort of students utilizing peer-to-peer engagement strategies to promote civil discourse on campus. These conversations create community and spark action. Year-long commitment and consists of student interns.
- Create campaigns and events that engage the entire university
- Ask questions like, “When do you conform?”, “Are we free?”, “What could we sacrifice to repair the world?”